Die Orthodoxie zum Hören, Lesen und Anschauen
Forumsregeln
Forumsregeln Impressum
Aleks

Hollywood und Orthodoxie

Beitrag von Aleks »

Naomi Campbell may become Orthodox - newspaper

Bild

Moscow, September 26, Interfax – The supermodel Naomi Campbell may embrace Orthodoxy at the request of her suiter, co-owner of the holding "Capital Group" Vladislav Doronin.

This term was made by Doronin to his beloved in a rather rigid form about a week ago, Zhizn weekly said on Friday with reference to "people close to the businessman".

The Western media have repeatedly reported about the model's fancy for kandoble - Brazilian magic cult close to voodoo. However Campbell herself repeatedly proclaimed her faith in God and said about frequent visits to the church.

The top model and the Russian businessman met last May at Cannes. Recently Kempbell announced her readiness to marry Doronin.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHk6rtxfMWY

Source: interfax (http://www.interfax-religion.com/?act=news&div=5202)
Zuletzt geändert von Aleks am 04.05.2010, 00:10, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
TRI
Beitrag von TRI »

Well, barely sinners who show repentance are always welcomed...

moreover, those who run riot in ther youth, are in the mature ages more down-to-earth (religous), because they found out that it's impossible to live without God, at least as a caring human.

and naomi... seems to ba a good down-to-earth value seeking woman.
and if we lokk at all christian denominations, we can find out, that the orthodoxy ist the purest/most innocent/ most unpolitical/ most humanly religion ;)
Aleks

Beitrag von Aleks »

Dear brother TRI,

This sub-forum is only English, therefore it's expected to the forum-members that they reply only in English ^^.
That's why I kindly ask you to translate by yourself the German message into English and replace it as soon as possible. :)

Further non-English comments in this theme will be automatically deleted.

Thanks for your cooperation.

ICXC+NIKA
Shanghai
Zuletzt geändert von Aleks am 04.05.2010, 00:10, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Nassos

Beitrag von Nassos »

I do really hope, that Naomi Campbell converts to orthodoxy because of the correct reasons.
I really hope, that the conversion is not just a necessary step to gain the goal of merriage.

Hopefully, she will support orthodoxy a little bit in public...

The best wishes to her and to all of you.

Nassos
Nassos

Beitrag von Nassos »

any news?
Joseph
Religionszugehörigkeit: OCA

Beitrag von Joseph »

"Naomi Campbell to change faith"

Nice title for somebody used to frequent change of clothes or what, in her estimation, goes for it...! Dear friends, I would not hold my breath at the reception of a new member to the Holy Orthodox Church. She will change faith again the moment another "fatter' billionaire comes along...

Besides, I would be surprised if she can manage to go through with a one year rigorous cathechumenate.... or will she be received in the Las Vegas Chapel "Orthodox R Us"?

I am very jaded and sarcastic about these news of celebrity "converts"...

greetings
Joseph
Wenn die Menschen gottlos werden, sind die Regierungen ratlos, die Lügen grenzenlos, die Schulden zahllos, die Besprechungen ergebnislos, die Aufklärung hirnlos, die Politiker charakterlos, die Christen gebetslos, die Kirche kraftlos, die Völker friedlos, die Verbrechen maßlos
(Antoine de Saint-Exupery)
Nassos

Beitrag von Nassos »

hear, hear!
Nassos

Beitrag von Nassos »

Here is a list of famous Orthodox people

http://www.adherents.com/largecom/fam_orthodox.html
danadoina
Religionszugehörigkeit: orthodox

Re:

Beitrag von danadoina »

Joseph hat geschrieben:"Naomi Campbell to change faith"

Nice title for somebody used to frequent change of clothes or what, in her estimation, goes for it...! Dear friends, I would not hold my breath at the reception of a new member to the Holy Orthodox Church. She will change faith again the moment another "fatter' billionaire comes along...

Besides, I would be surprised if she can manage to go through with a one year rigorous cathechumenate.... or will she be received in the Las Vegas Chapel "Orthodox R Us"?

I am very jaded and sarcastic about these news of celebrity "converts"...

greetings
Joseph

Dear Joseph how right you have been... :(

from http://www.interfax-religion.com
18 May 2010
Naomi Campbell joins Kabbalah sect

Moscow, May 18, Interfax – On the eve of her 40th birthday, top model Naomi Campbell confesses she is keen on Kabbalah.

Last week, the model with her fiancee, owner of the Capital Group Company Vladislav Doronin visited the New York Cabbala Center, where she met with spiritual guide of the renowned Kabbalah adherent and singer Madonna, the Komsomolskaya Pravda daily reported.

According to western media, the Russian businessman shares this hobby of his beloved and soon is expected to wear the Kabbalah distinctive accessory – a red string.
Joseph

Re: Re:

Beitrag von Joseph »

danadoina hat geschrieben:
Joseph hat geschrieben:"Naomi Campbell to change faith"
Dear Joseph how right you have been... :(
Danadoina, I have been, as they say, "around the block" a couple of times and have seen this many times before. These people are not serious about the faith, they are using religion as a HOBBY. Fr. Lawrence, my priest, said in one of his sermons, that the most dangerous thing a man can do is use his religion as a hobby, because GOD will not look kindly on that.
According to western media, the Russian businessman shares this hobby of his beloved and soon is expected to wear the Kabbalah distinctive accessory – a red string.
To be sarcastic about this, I think they will use the red string to (spiritually) hang themselves by....

Greetings
Joseph
Wenn die Menschen gottlos werden, sind die Regierungen ratlos, die Lügen grenzenlos, die Schulden zahllos, die Besprechungen ergebnislos, die Aufklärung hirnlos, die Politiker charakterlos, die Christen gebetslos, die Kirche kraftlos, die Völker friedlos, die Verbrechen maßlos
Loukia

Re: * gelöscht von mir selbst *

Beitrag von Loukia »

What about Tom Hanks?
Ἡ χάρις τοῦ Κυρίου Ἰησοῦ Χριστοῦ μεθ' ὑμῶν. 1. Korinther 16,23
Joseph

Beitrag von Joseph »

Loukia hat geschrieben:What about Tom Hanks?
Same thing...! He is a lefty, bleeding heart do-gooder with far out political ideas. His "religion" is third after his ego and his money... Just look at what kind of films he plays in or produces, there is little if any "religion" in it, never mind Orthodoxy.
Nassos

Beitrag von Nassos »

That's not right. In "Illuminati" you can see some orthodox clericals at the pope's funeral. :mrgreen:
Nassos

Re: Hollywood und Orthodoxie

Beitrag von Nassos »

Ich möchte Euch sehr ans Herz legen, dieses lange Interview zu lesen, es ist ... unbeschreiblich, was es in mir auslöst.
Der junge Mann muss echt sehr viel gelesen haben, er hat tatsächlich gesuchtund dem Ruf seines Herzens gefolgt.

Auch die von ihm genannten Bücher haben es in sich, unter anderem wird Vt. Schneemann und der kürzlich entschlafene Vt. Gillquist etc.

Es sind auch diese Geschichten, die den Glauben stärken und mich wissen lassen, was Gemeinde Christi bedeutet.

Ehre dem Vater und dem Sohn und dem Heiligen Geist!
Antworten